Saturday, April 24, 2010

What gets me through the day

When I'm feeling down and feel like life is shit, which has been a lot of the time lately, I really forget to think about what makes my life so much better than what I think it is. I have so many things to be appreciative for and it's really easy to focus on what is bad rather than what is good because I guess that's just the way we work.

I have a fantastic family who no matter where they are in the world will pick up on my feelings and give me a call, email or text to see how I am. My mum, dad, brother, cousins, aunt's and uncles who all look out for me and give me advice and love me no matter what I do. I'm so happy I have such a tight knit family which I know I can rely on and I know they will always be there for me. Without them, I will defintely not be the person I am today and I really love them all with everything in my heart.



My boyfriend, even though he is a man of few words and even fewer hugs... I know that he loves me to bits and when I'm feeling down and can't explain why, he just lies next to me and gives me a big bear hug because that's pretty much what I need at the time. I can be myself around him and I like that no matter how much I moan, groan, whine, bitch and cry about the silliest things, he knows how to make me laugh after it all. I love you!


My friends, from friends I've known for years and friends I've known for months, all of them are priceless to me. My theory in life is that everybody comes into each others lives for a reason and no matter how long they stay, they made a change or impact to you, even if you don't realise it now. I've had friends who have been around for a couple of months and they've helped me through the hardest points of my life and I've had friends who I've known for years and years and they've been through everything with me as I have been through everything with them. There are the friends who I don't see or talk to for a year and when I go back to Malaysia, the relationship we have is as strong as it ever was. I know how lucky I am to have friends like you and I am so thankful. I love you all.

My cat, well, technically not MY cat, but whatever. Ollie, who came into my life when I probably needed him the most. Looking for a job means that I'm broke which means that I can't do much going out which thus means that I stay at home alot. Ollie has been there to cuddle with me when I'm alone at home (which is most of the time). I know it sounds silly but I hate being alone and having him here with me is better than no one.

And yeah, the people in my life make my life everything it is and I'll try to remember that next time I'm feeling depressed, unwanted and basically like shit.

Love love!

No comments: