Friday, April 09, 2010

Milkman

About half an hour ago, I heard a knock on my front door and opened it to find a young guy. He looked at me while leaning against my pillar and said in his best James Bond voice, "Hey, I'm Jo your local milkman."

I couldn't help but break into laughter and he smiled, obviously happy getting the reaction he wanted.

We had a chat about what being my "local milkman" actually entails and also because he seemed to be alot like me in the way that we both go off topic alot, we ended up having a chat for half an hour. We bonded over the greatness of having a name starting with 'Jo', we talked about the neighbours with sticks up their arses, crazy housemates and parties we've thrown. We even ended up sitting on the chairs in my front porch while attempting to get my details for the delivery order.

Yes, I now have a milkman who will be coming to my house once a week to deliver me bread, milk and juice. How awesome is that?

Unfortunately, my fantasy that all men of labour (including milkmen) are super hot has failed me this time. But I guess I'll just keep hoping that the next guy that comes around, be it a plumber, electrician or a gardener has the James Bond looks and not just a weak (albeit funny) impersonation of his voice.

Love love!

No comments: