Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Drugs & Addiction

Growing up, I've come to know a lot of people that do drugs on a regular basis. I admit that I have experimented with a few but never really got into it that much, to which I'm thankful of because with the people that I've come to know, I also saw how their lives deteriorated.

It saddens me that I know so many people who either do drugs frequently and also who do drugs once in a while but if it's in front of them they'll take it, no matter what it is.

A person very close to my heart does this. He won't take drugs or buy his own but if there's a edible chemical in front of him, trust me, it will go down. Be it coke, speed, weed, acid, ecstacy, it doesn't matter. As long as it's there, he'll do it. Now, for someone to take drugs, I feel there has to be a purpose. I don't really like it when people do drugs for the hell of it. If there's no reason to take it, then why do it?

If you're not depressed, or if you're not going out to party all night long, if all you're doing is staying at home or going to work in an hour then why do that line of speed?

Some of you who read this may think, "Get off your freaking high horse and stop judging." I'm not judging you or people I don't know, in fact I'm not even judging. I'm just in a right state of perplex as to why people would do that to their bodies knowingly without even knowing for sure what is in the drugs they're taking.

There's a new drug on the market that has a chemical that's put into fertilizer in it and apparently it's all the rage. Why? Because it gets you high quicker. It doesn't matter that this chemical is used in fertilizer, no of course not. Why would that matter if it gets you high as a kite in a few minutes? I may smoke and I may drink but at least I know what kind of chemicals are going into my body (yes, I've read up on it in my attempts to quit).

So, what I'm saying is that I just wish people would take a step back and look at what they're doing before they do it because if the addiction to that high gets out of control, it's not very nice for anybody involved.
If you know someone who is addicted to drugs, get them help before it's too late. There are plenty of services out there for people affected by drugs and alcohol, get to it.

Love love.

No comments: