Monday, February 02, 2009

Epic weekend!

Hello hello!

Been not updating as usual... *slaps self on wrist* Bad ME!

Anyway... alottt has happened since I last properly updated. (Time fillers do not count as a proper post)

I had an epic weekend yet again! Saturday was spent hanging around the city and then going out into the city to celebrate one of Sarah's friends birthday. We went to a place called Dracula's which is a themed comedy cabaret theathre. Pretty damn cool and I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of cheese on their comedy.

The show (4 hours long) was really good, funny and original.
The cast and staff were amazing!
The food (3 course meal) was pretty good for the price we paid.
The cocktails were WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS! And potent. We like potency.

After the show, we (being Sarah, her two friends from Sydney; Hannah and Amelia, me and a whole bunch of Sarah's friends from the party) headed to Red Violin which is a little club on the corner of Swanston and Bourke. It plays really good music to dance to and if you go early enough you can enjoy all of it on a dancefloor without the sleazy guys and toe steppers. FUN!

On Sunday, Sarah and I took the Sydney siders to St.Kilda to see the beach after having $4 pizza's at Lucky Coq, which we all adored as expected. Turned out there was the art market on so how lucky are we? I bought a couple of photos... adorable little robots! Woo!

Then later at night, Sarah, Emily and I headed to our friends' (Anj & Nim) wedding reception. They are Sri Lankan so they had their wedding as well as a reception in Lanka, and for the unfortunate ones who couldn't fly over, had another one here! YAY for us unfortunates! It was such a wonderful experience with the dancing, the food, the touching speeches and personal songs. We felt so touched to be able to be a part of the joyous and memorable occassion. I hope God blesses them with a happy marriage.

I also got to live one of my life long dreams which was to RIDE in an antique car. Yes.
I GOT TO RIDE IN A 1920's FORD! It was UNBELIEVABLE!
Sarah and I befriended the old man on our table and it turned out that he owned the antique car which the bride and groom arrived in and the lovely man, Mr.Lyall, allowed us to come with him while he was checking on his baby and take photos in it... then later as he was leaving with his wife, he asked if we would like to go around the block in it.
Of course, I nearly died on the spot with all the excitement running through my veins.
It was amazing! I nearly cried. Yes, I am a geek when it comes to antique cars. Well, not really since I know next to nothing about them except that they are beautiful things that I would love to own but know I never will. BOO!

Anyway, I'm off to check on the dinner... that I MADE. Yea... that's right.
I cooked.
And I cleaned the house.
I'm Suzy homemaker! Woo!

Here's a photo of me in the car!















Love love!

No comments: