Monday, May 31, 2010

Getting sick is no fun

I think getting sick is about as bad as actually being sick. Right now, I feel TERRIBLE!
I have a nose so blocked I'm sure China's stuck up there somewhere. My throat feels like there are a million ants crawling up and down it. My chest feels like a sumo wresteler is sitting on it. And to top it all of my stomach feels like someone is hacking away at it with a very dull knife... not actually cutting but just about to.

Make me sick now please so I can enjoy being my usual un-sick self.

I was reminded tonight of Ernerst Hemingway's shortest story. Do you know it?
"Baby shoes for sale. Never used."
It is only 6 words long but to me it speaks a thousand stories of joy, hope, anxiety, dreams, sadness, remorse, pain, anger and so much more. It's amazing how such few words can make you feel so many things.

I'm going to stop being so melodramatic now and hopefully pass out to a world where everything's peaches.

Love love!

No comments: